BlackBerry 10 Setup
When you enable ActiveSync for Nology email the first time:
- It will wipe your existing contact and calendar data and replace it with your Nology mail data. Therefore, be sure you have a complete backup of your device before synchronizing for the first time. Consult your device’s manual for instructions on how to back up your device.
- All first-time syncs with ActiveSync will be a one-way sync from the server to the device. All subsequent synchronizations will be two-way.
1. Choose Settings.
2. Within System Settings, choose Accounts (Setup email, contacts, calendar).
3. You’ll see an Add Account window.
4. Use a swipe gesture to hide the keyboard and reveal the Advanced option at the bottom of the screen, then select it.
5. Choose Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
6. Fill in the following fields in the Add Account dialog:
- Description: Name it anything you like (for example: MDaemon ActiveSync Account).
- Domain: Leave this blank
- Username: Your full email address
- Email Address: Your full email address
- Password: Your Email password.
- Server: mail1.mynology.com or mail2.mynology.com If you’re unsure, please contact Nology
- Port: 443
- Use SSL: Choose On
- Use VPN: Off.
- Push: On.
- Synch Interval: Manual.
- Synch Timeframe: 14 Days is fine.
7. After completing these steps, you should be able to send and receive emails successfully.
Please be patient. It may take some time to synchronize your account.