Android Smartphone Setup
- When you enable ActiveSync for Nology mail the first time:
- It will wipe your existing contact and calendar data and replace it with your Nology data. Therefore, be sure you have a complete backup of your device before synchronizing for the first time. Consult your device’s manual for instructions on how to back up your device.
- All first time syncs with ActiveSync will be a one-way sync from the server to the device. All subsequent synchronizations will be two-way.
- On the Android home screen, touch the Application button (the four-by-four series of squares) to bring up the list of installed applications on the phone.
- Touch Contacts.
- Press the Menu key or touch Menu (Depending on your device).
- Touch Accounts.
- Touch Add account.
- In the Email Address field, enter the email address for your account.
- In the Password field, enter the password for your account.
- Touch Next.
- On the Server settings page, fill in the following fields:
- Domain\Username: Enter your email address
- Password: Enter the password for this account.
- Server: This will be mail1.mynology.com or mail2.mynology.com. Call Nology to confirm.
10. Use secure connection (SSL) is required.